Wednesday, July 27, 2016

10 Questions Every Tarot Reader Must Answer, answered!

Question 1 | Were you mentored, or were you self-taught?
I was mentored and self-taught.  I started looking for information and guidance in the books and blogs that I found, and in a few instances I have had people who actively worked with me for a time.  The people who have helped that may not be aware of it are myriad, but Barbara Moore (http://www.tarotshaman.com/), Benebel Wen (https://benebellwen.com/), Hilary Parry (http://tarotbyhilary.com/), Arwen Lynch (http://tarotbyarwen.com/blog/), and Brigit Esslemont (https://www.biddytarot.com/) stand out for me.

Question 2 | Are you a psychic or a Tarot reader?
I am a tarot reader. There is a psychic element to what I do, but the cards are the tool I use to get the insights and information.  I cannot read” anybody without the cards, although My Lady and I tend to know what the other is thinking even before the thought is fully formed!

Question 3 | Are your predictions accurate, and is accuracy important to you?
Accuracy is important, but I do not predict things.  I believe in Free Will and the way I see things in the cards suggest possible outcomes if things do not change.  The simple act of getting a reading can be enough to start a new path for the Seeker to follow and that path will necessarily diverge from what the cards show right now.

Question 4 | Is there anything you can’t predict in a reading?
Lots!  As I explained above, I work with possible outcomes and don’t get into prediction much at all.  When the cards give a flat out answer to the question I will interpret that and pass it along with the caveat that the outcome is pretty straightforward.
“Will she come back to me or will she stay with her baby’s father” kinds of questions tend not to need the cards to get an answer, and I will find the advice and suggestions in the spread to help the person understand how to move past their hurt and confusion.

Question 5 | Do you use only Tarot, or are you multi-disciplinary?
I use Tarot primarily, although I am learning how to incorporate other disciplines. I feel that there is so much to learn that can be applied to the Tarot, I just let the other disciplines come out in the readings as I learn more about the Tarot and different aspects of the decks.

Question 6 | Is the message in the cards, or in your head?
The message is in both my head and in the cards. I cannot get the messages without the cards (for now!) but there are times that the cards trigger something much deeper and intuitive than how they appear in the spread.  Some of the biggest “AHA!” moments have happened when I am answering questions about what the cards show and I focus on the Seeker rather than the cards. That shift in focus can trigger a real shift in awareness, and ideas and answers are suddenly available for me to share when they had not been there before.

Question 7 | Are you a priest or a fortune-teller?
No.  I am a Tarot Reader.

Question 8 | Are you a fixer or a looker?
I see myself more as a looker who will make some suggestions based on what the cards show me. I cannot fix anyone, but I can take the position of an impartial observer that can see things the Seeker cannot because they are too close to the situation. If they act on the suggestions then they can “fix” what they want to, but it is up to them to take action.

Question 9 | Do you read for free or for a fee?
I do both. The free work is primarily through the Free Tarot Network through the American Tarot Association.  These are one card readings based on the emailed question, and they are a great way to broaden my understanding of the cards. Trying to figure out how the 10 of Swords relates to a question about making a choice between two options is something that may require me to open the books for some insight!
Paid readings are part of the exchange that happens with a Seeker coming to me, either in person, on the Internet or over the phone. I have been criticized by a few people who say I take too long in a paid reading (not the Seekers) when there are other people waiting, but I do what is necessary to relay the message the Seeker is supposed to hear.

Question 10 | Is there anything you won’t predict in a reading?
I don’t predict much since I only see what the potential outcomes could be, and I will not answer the questions that people want to “test” readers with: winning lottery numbers, when they will get married/pregnant/die, what their estranged partner is doing now, etc. If it isn’t about the Seeker then it is off limits for me, and if it is trying to pin down a time and place it is not going to happen.


If you are a reader and want to answer these question, please let me know in the comments so I Can check them out!  Thanks for taking the time to read my responses!

No comments:

Post a Comment