Sunday, April 17, 2016

Sometimes we get what we ask for

On Friday, April 15th I was 'let go' from my job of over 5 1/2 years.  I was told that things had changed and it just wasn't "working" any more. I had been feeling marginalized for a while, and the frustration with the people that I was working with was sometimes palpable.  I had known that I would be leaving sometime soon, but I thought it would be on my own terms.

The funny thing was that the news was not as devastating as I would have expected it to be; I took it very calmly and am actually glad that the negative energy will be gone from my weekdays. I have some severance coming, and the unemployment will help carry me along until I find a new position (or take Tarot Readings to a full time position).  So although the future is not exactly rosy, it is not filled with worry and dread.

The Cards that have come up as my Card of the Day since Friday have told me a few things that help make it easier to accept that I am right where I need to be.

Friday, the day the job went south, my card of the day was the Hanged Man. Saturday brought the 4 of Swords, and Sunday showed me the 5 of Cups. The progression seems to be one that we all need to go through from time to time, although not necessarily in as grand a way as I just did.

The Hanged Man represents surrender, contemplation, and reversals in the way we look at the world.  I can take the job loss as a hardship and get upset and angry, or surrender to the fact that it has happened and look at it as a potentially positive step in my travels.

The 4 of Swords continued the theme of contemplation and reflection, as well as a stillness and sense of peace.  I have no need to get worried about the future if I can keep on doing the next right thing that is put in front of me. In this case, time off from the stress and long hours I have been working will allow me to get to a better mental and spiritual place (and hopefully stay there).

Today's 5 of Cups reminds me that grieving is OK, but there is still plenty to be thankful for. I do have a sense of loss today - it is hard to give so much time to something and not care that it will no longer be a part of my life. But there are people and things that I cherish in my life; these will be with me long after the job is just a distant memory.

Without looking for any answers, the Tarot has shown me what I need to see.  I look forward to drawing cards to give me some ideas of what the future may hold in the near future.

I will let you know what they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment